My challenge to myself to read a book a week for the last 20 weeks of the year fell to pieces rather quickly. Not that I didn’t read any books, but I certainly didn’t blog about them! That’s okay though, because one of my NYR this year is to not feel guilty about things like that…
I don’t usually do the whole NYR thing. I really do have enough guilt in my life already without piling more on, but this year I do feel like challenging myself a little. I made some knitting resolutions that I posted over on Ravelry already:
- Finish the baby projects BEFORE my sister goes into labour (due date is mid-February.) This includes: blocking the baby blanket; sewing up, adding i-cord ties to, and blocking the Baby Surprise Jacket; finishing at least one set of the many baby booties I have half finished.
- Finish at least 12 charity projects this year. I want to do some baby hats for the hospital, as well as some adult and/or kid hats and mitts for somewhere like Mitzbah House.
- Have any Christmas knitting I decide on DONE by the end of October.
- Pull out all my WIPs and either finish or frog them.
- Get my Ravelry projects up to date and keep them that way.
- And finally (stealing Kathy’s lovely idea), do something crafty every day.
Now I also want to make some reading related ones:
- Read 50 books this year (and keep track of them.)
- Blog about at least 1 book a month.
- Branch out into short stories — read at least 1 every week.
Let’s see how long I can keep any of these going!